Hello readers! Welcome back for another edition of Macho Mondays! This week, we are going to emphasize the importance of alternating “bad” food and drinks with healthier ones. Here’s how to do it!
- Instead of chips have a side salad.
- Don’t mix sugar and fats (don’t have a desert after a fatty meal). If you want something sugary have it on its own, mixing sugars and fats is one if the worst things you can do and people do it constantly! Your body can’t break down the sugar after a fatty meal and therefore immediately stores as fat! Not what you want right?
- Have chocolate, ice cream or anything sugary on its own.
- Have meat or chicken instead of pizza.
- Have an omelet instead of a fried egg.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Have Diet Coke or Coke Zero instead of Coke.
- Have sweetener in your coffee instead of sugar.
- Have a coffee instead of a latte.
- Have ‘Surface’ vegetables instead of ‘Root’ vegetables (i.e. broccoli, peppers etc).
- If you’re going to have fruit have low sugar fruit such as berries.
- Drink spirits with a diet mixer instead of beer.
- At the end of a night out don’t have pizza or a burger, get a chicken or lamb kebab without the wrap!